Grout Cleaning: The Solution to Fully Restore Moldy Bathrooms in Tampa, FL
July 17, 2018
The downfall of beautiful tiles in any bathroom is the grout. Although it is essential to keep the tiles together, its porous composition is quite prone to stains and damage from water. Newly installed grout looks gorgeous, but without proper maintenance it will soon become stained, moldy, and even cracked. When grout starts cracking, water can seep behind the wall and cause serious damage. Bathrooms are hot, damp, and moist rooms, which gives mold and mildew the perfect place to thrive. The porous grout is the ideal breeding ground for these fungi. Also, using conventional cleaners and personal care products promote soap scum buildup. This not only gives the surface an unsightly appearance, it helps fungi adhere to the grout. Professional techniques and tools are required when these severe issues take place. Our next clients needed our grout cleaning experts in Tampa, FL
, to rescue and restore their moldy bathroom.
A married couple from Tampa, FL was renting their house's spare room. When preparing the room for their tenants, they noticed the bathroom was not in good condition. The grout lines on the floor looked muddy and dirty, the tiles in the shower were discolored and the caulking in the wall's joints was harboring mold. Renting the room with the bathroom in such condition was not an option, so they decided to perform a thorough cleanup on the affected areas spending the day scrubbing the bathroom and trying to get rid of the mold in the caulk and grout. Despite their best effort, the surface remained dirty, and fungi was still thriving in the shower. Frustrated with this result, they called one of their friends to see if she had any suggestions that could help solve the problem.
Their friend suggested using some methods she had found in a magazine. As instructed, the couple filled a spray bottle with vinegar and warm water. They sprayed the solution on the grout and let it stand for a while. After that, they had to scrub all the grout lines to remove the substance from the surface. This chore took almost all morning and the results were not positive. In spite of the unsuccessful outcome, they tried one more method. They made a paste with baking soda and water, covered the grout lines, and sprayed the vinegar solution. Once they finished doing this, they rinsed the surface with water and scrubbed it with a brush. This took the rest of the day, and unfortunately, the grout lines still looked dirty, moldy, and even more stained than before.
After discussing and weighing their options, the couple decided the best choice was to look for professional assistance. They went online and searched for the most qualified grout cleaning company in Tampa, FL. In the search results they found Sir Grout Tampa. The couple began to carefully browse our site and the picture gallery
caught their attention. They were amazed by the incredible transformation the surfaces received after our work. All the moldy bathrooms were left clean, refreshed, and free of mold and mildew. They also read some testimonials from previous clients and saw the positive feedback of all the satisfied customers. They were fully convinced we could solve their bathroom's problems and decided to call us to schedule a free in-home consultation.
A few days later, we arrived at their house to perform the evaluation and to offer the most effective solution for the problem. They greeted us, then we proceeded with the assessment. We noticed the grout lines on the floor were discolored, cracked, and dirty. The caulking in the wall's joints was full of mold and mildew; the tiles were dingy and dull. The absence of sealant allowed water, dirt, grime, and soap scum to seep deep into the grout and caulk, causing mold and mildew to grow. When this happens, the grout lines would remain blemished no matter how much they washed them because the harmful materials and the grout had essentially become one. Also, improper cleaning methods and the usage of harsh products only caused more damaged to the surface. The bathroom required our professional tools and high-quality products to be restored.
We offered a grout cleaning service using our advanced techniques and skillful expertise. We have tested dozens of products and processes and we have just the right ones to restore even the most damaged and moldiest surfaces. We would deep clean the tiles and grout lines and get rid of the mold and mildew once and for all. We would also seal the grout with our ColorSeal, a one of a kind product that would provide protection against water, stains, mold, and mildew while making cleaning routines easier and faster. We ensured the couple that our qualified procedure would leave the bathroom looking spotless and brand-new. They were pleased with our assessment and the solution we proposed. They immediately agreed to set up a date for the job.
We returned to our clients' house a few days later to begin the grout cleaning process. It was going to be a multi-step procedure that required the most advanced techniques and exclusive products:
- We cleaned the bathroom's walls and floor using our pH-neutral tile and grout cleaner with a gentle high-speed scrubber. The product we used is soap free and safe for the tiles and grout. It won't leave any residue that could be absorbed by the grout lines and won't stain or discolor the tiles. We performed this step until the entire surface was free of dirt and grime.
- A high temperature steam cleaner was used on the grout lines. This removed all the fungi from the environment and left the bathroom completely clean and hygienic.
- We replaced the old, moldy latex caulking with our Epoxy Grout substitute. This top quality and exclusive product is highly resistant to mold, water, and stains. With the right maintenance, it would last for years to come.
- We sealed all the grout lines with our top tier ColorSeal. This state-of-the-art sealant not only enhances the look of the surface, it also provides an extra layer of protection against all external agents, such as water, dirt, and soap residue. It also keeps mold and mildew at bay. We applied the sealant on the bathroom's floor and walls until it was fully protected.
When we completed all the steps, the bathroom had been renewed. It had a clean and refreshed appearance with no traces of dirt or mold. The grout lines had a spotless appearance and uniform color, thanks to our top tier sealant. The tiles also recovered their natural charm and beauty. Only our team's professional tools and techniques and our exclusive, top quality products could have achieved this level of restoration in just one day.
We invited our clients to see the results of the finished process. The couple was impressed with the renovated appearance of their bathroom. They were delighted to see that the mold was finally gone and all the dirt had been removed from the surface. They were amazed by the quality of our work and after thanking us, they said we had become their company of choice for hard surface restoration, and from that point on, they would recommend our service to all their friends, family, and neighbors.
We provide our clients the best solution for their problem and guarantee long lasting, easy to maintain results as well as we train them on how to perform proper maintenance and keep their restored surface in top condition for years to come. Before leaving, we gave the couple some recommendations and suggestions to make cleaning routines safe, brief, and effective:
- Try not to use bar soaps. Soap scum is nothing more than soap residue that has re-hardened on the surface, forming nasty stains. Not using these soaps would mitigate the accumulation of soap scum on the surface. We recommend liquid soap because it won't leave any harmful residue after use.
- Clean the bathroom using safe, pH-neutral soap free cleaners, which are harmless for the grout because they don't leave any sticky residue. Soap-based cleaners leave a film that seeps deep into the grout lines, promoting mold and mildew growth. Vinegar is a commonly recommended product to remove stains on the surface, but it should be avoided due to its acidic properties. Using this type of product may only cause more harm.
- Keep the bathroom dry and well ventilated. Maintaining the moisture level low is important to prevent fungi growth in a humid environment. Dry the surface using a squeegee, a towel, or a terry cloth. Also, leave the door or a window open, especially after hot showers.
Our qualified techniques, high-quality products, and these easy to follow steps are guaranteed to keep the top condition of the bathroom and help prevent the appearance of mold in the future.
Sir Grout Tampa has the solution for your hard surface restoration problems. It is possible to give your moldy bathroom a clean, new look with our professional assistance. We provide experienced and qualified grout cleaning services that will bring back the beauty of your bathroom. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we offer the most effective techniques and award-winning processes. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (813) 948-2488
or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be happy to attend your needs. Also, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter
to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout Tampa
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Twitter @SGTampaFL
Categories: Tile, Grout, Cleaning, Sealing, Caulking, Grout Repair, Residential, Floors, Walls, Showers, Bathrooms